What's the job?
Position - Butchery Apprenticeship
Reporting to - Customer Champion
Location - ABP York
Hours of work - 8am to 4pm
Monday to Friday (1 day at college)
Salary - £5.50 per hour
Closing date for applications - 30th January 2018
ABP York Butchery Apprenticeship Scheme in association with Leeds College. It’s about training for a real job, with real responsibilities and real benefits
- Learning a trade
- Getting paid to train
- Earning a recognised qualification
- Starting on a good salary with opportunity for quick progression
- An employment opportunity in an industry leading company
The course is assessed by Leeds College and will last for 18-24 months depending on functional skills.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- To ensure all tasks performed are as per training given.
- To work to agreed training plan, bringing any skill shortfalls/difficulties to the attention of the Customer Champion.
- Ensure understanding of expected standards and targets before commencing any task.
- To carry out all assigned tasks in accordance with company policies and procedures, particularly with regard to H&S and Food Safety.
- To ensure that were PPE is provided for any of the above task, that it is correctly worn/used, maintained and any defects reported to the relevant key colleagues.
- To ensure that all product is produced to meet customer/company specifications, whilst also maximising yield and minimising waste.
- To have a flexible approach to workloads/hours to ensure agreed throughput and yield targets are met.
- To report any problems regarding equipment/machinery to Customer Champion.
- Adhere to Company hygiene practices & safe food production.
- To comply with health & safety rules, to prevent / minimise the risk of accidents.
What do you need?
Knowledge & Experience
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to take direction
- Understanding of Environmental requirements and responsibilities
Role Success Factors
Safety First - Shows safety awareness and will take a step back to consider the safety aspect before ‘diving in’ to complete the task.
Try. Try. Try. - Resilience. Never gives up. Always finds a way.
Just Do It - Effective Execution. Makes things happen.
Communication - Works with all people at all levels, internal and external, through listening and adjusting their language and communication style where required. Good verbal and written English.
Bigger Picture - Understands the business need to service & deliver quality to the customer.
Team Player - Works & interacts with colleagues to do what is best for the Company as a whole, ahead of personal goals.
How to apply
Please send a full CV or Application form with a covering letter to:
Heather Kingswood, People Change Officer
Murton Lane P: +44 (0)1904 488 333
Murton M: +44 (0)7975 889 362
York F: +44 (0)1904 489 837
YO19 5GH E: email@example.com
UK W: www.abpfoodgroup.com