What's the job?
One of our clients are looking for QC Manager at their site in North Yorkshire. Reporting to the Technical Manager, you will carry out the above role in line with the company business plan, liaising with all appropriate Director’s, Manager’s and staff throughout the business responsible for all technical aspects.
As QC Manager, you will be instrumental in understanding and sharing the responsibility of all relevant legal requirements of the business including H&S, all aspects of hygiene, legal labeling, employment law and any other aspect relevant to your role or the business.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for, compliance to BRC and retailer standards and systems.
- Work with the production team to monitor performance of, and deliver agreed KPI's.
- Monitor trends in chemical and microbiological standards of cheese and other products; shape and deliver improvement plans
To oversee the supplier approval process for the business, managing technical demands for:
- Raw material and packaging
- Production planning
- Shelf life
- Storage location
- Secondary packaging
- Labour requirements for QC etc
- To work closely with NPD & Sales team on specific projects ensuring that products meet the customer's sepcific policies on for example. nutrition and allergens.
- Understand the requirements of Supply Chain Team and support technical guidance.
- Manage Lab functions and personnel.
- Manage outside Lab tesing regimes.
- Carrying out internal audits as part of a internal audit team.
What do you need?
- Food background.
- Managment within a quality and the food industry.
- Looking for career progression opportunities.
- Driven person.
- Looking to join a fanastic and well established business.
If you are looking for a new role and think this could be of interest to you then please apply within.
ElevateRTC are a specialist food industry recruiter. This vacancy is just one of a number of positions that we currently have available in this sector. To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK. ElevateRTC are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.