About the company
Over the last 35 years our business has grown to become one of the world’s leading food production companies. It’s our commitment to quality and our determination to surpass expectation that’s earned us our market-leading position. ABP Food Group was founded in Ireland in 1954 and made its first venture into the UK food industry in 1981. Since then, we’ve gone from strength to strength, working with some of the biggest names in retail and food service, and some of the most forward-thinking experts from across the agricultural industry. It’s always our goal to be the best at what we do. As pioneering food manufacturers, we always aim to embrace the very latest ideas in innovation, animal welfare and sustainability – so that for now, and well into the future, we can continue to adapt to the shape of the market and lead the UK food industry on key issues. Our core UK Beef and Lamb business has been built on strong principles. So regardless of who, what where and why, at ABP UK all our people and all our food processes live up to our four strategic values – First Up, Best in Class, Doing More with Less and One Vision. We are setting standards in professional development, agriculture, sustainability and commercial success.
Yetminster is one of two sites within ABP specialising in the production of premium quality lamb products. Producing a full range of high quality lamb and mutton from whole carcass to graded cuts for retail and food service customers. This includes ‘Dorset Crown’ which is a range of premium products local to the area which are processed and packed at the Yetminster site.
What's the job?
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Complete start up and shut down SOPs to insure the factory starts on time
- Completion of assigned M&E PPM’s
- Completion of reactive maintenance in a timely safe manner
- Undertaking general building fabric maintenance to insure full compliance
- Diagnosing faults and making permanent repairs
- Ensuring full compliance at all times whilst on site regarding Health and Safety
- Ensuring all paperwork and check sheets are completed in an accurate and timely manner
- Ability to prioritise work load as required and liaising with the line Manager/Supervisor to ensure satisfactory outcome to all work
- Overhauling and replacing parts according to schedule
- Responding immediately to machinery breakdowns
What do you need?
Experience and Knowledge
- Completed Engineering apprenticeship or equivalent
- An ability to work well under pressure
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Relevant technical knowledge
- Strong fault diagnosing skills
- Efficiency and organisation
- Teamwork skills
- Mechanical Knowledge
- Intermediate computer skills
- Knowledge of pneumatic systems
- Strong fault find ability’s
- Knowledge of Hydraulics
- Knowledge of invertors, drives, PLCs and controls
How to apply
To apply please email...
Declan Gaughan - Declan.firstname.lastname@example.org
Lois Houston - email@example.com